Wednesday, September 24, 2008

James - Payne Family Traditions - 2008

One – Early morning Bluestem doughnuts (hopefully) and weeding in the garden. I do not know if this was every Saturday, but it felt like it.

Two – Orange slices and 13 days of 007 on TBS. TV and candy are awesome.

Three – Home teaching hide and go seek. We were always ‘it.’

Four – Teach me to walk in the light.

Five – High counsel visits to Eureka.

Six – Backgammon and connect four. (These are also mom traditions)

Seven – Bedtime is a Payne tradition. My tradition was trying not to get noticed so I could see all of Star Trek. I say try, because I never succeeded. Somehow the Enterprise managed to get along without me.

Eight – Sack Lunches. Even when I forgot this tradition Dad would ride a bicycle up to the bus stop and hand me my lunch.

Nine – Oatmeal, raisins and scriptures, every weekday morning until seminary- Lots of good learning, and good nutrition.

Ten - Editing papers. Every time I had a paper due, the morning before school dad would read through it helping revise several drafts.

Thanks Dad!
James

No comments: